Third Grade Weekly Update
I hope you have enjoyed the week and are looking forward to some rest and relaxation with your families as much as I am! This week we began our “Steps to Respect: A Bullying Prevention Program” curriculum in third grade. Throughout this program students will learn new skills to help them manage conflict and recognize, refuse, and report bullying-whether it happens to them or not. We focused on what respect entails, why it’s important, and modeled ways we could show it to others in different situations. We also started a new unit on Geometry and continued our exploration of Government. Ask your child what the attributes of a quadrilateral are, they were able to give me so many facts and examples today!
Here are some dates to plan for:
- Thursday, April 14th – Seder Meal (Holy Thursday)
- Friday, April 15th – Good Friday: NO SCHOOL
- Mon- Fri, April 18th-22nd – Easter Break: NO SCHOOL
- Tuesday, April 26th – April Free Dress
- Tuesday, April 26th – Fun Run Kick Off
- Tuesday, April 26th – STEAM Fair
Please Remember to read our Weekly Newsletter for more info on school functions!