Distance and Hybrid Learning at SPN
Welcome to our distance and hybrid learning page. During these unprecedented times know that the faculty and staff at Saint Phillip Neri are striving to ensure we continue to live out our Mission and Philosophy. We are a family and we will get through this together.
Hybrid Learning Plan
When Saint Philip Neri receives permission from both Alameda County and the Diocese of Oakland to offer on-campus instruction, the school will pivot from Distance Learning to a Hybrid Model. When we pivot to a hybrid model, parents may opt to continue with full distance learning.
- Students on campus for live instruction 4 days a week
- In cohorts of 10-15 students
- Each cohort on campus for 3 hours combined with 1-3 hours at home learning
- AM cohort and PM cohort – extended care offered before and after cohorts
- Every Wednesday is at home, remote learning
- Faith Families
- Community building
- Enrichment/Club activities
- Teacher Office hours with Distant Learning Students.
Distance Learning Plan
- Focus on Connection, Community Building, Social Emotional growth and Engagement
- Balance of synchronous and asynchronous instruction, small group
- Daily live instruction
- Balance of screen time, project based, hands-on learning
- Variety of instructional practices – i.e., multimedia and video lessons, hands on activities, whole-class/small group/ independent learning time
- Structured schedules to build consistency and routines
- Build student organization, independence, agency and advocacy
- Regular one-on-one check-in with the teacher
- Integrated curriculum focused on priority standards
- Flexibility – process will be iterative
- Enrichment, electives, clubs and student leadership
- School devices – ipads, chromebooks available for families
- Ability to pivot to Hybrid model
See individual class pages for schedules and Zoom expectations
Student Leadership Council
Our student leadership council will be creating a video with weekly announcements every Wednesday.