First Grade Weekly Update
- What a wonderful Catholic Schools Week we had. Thank you to all the parents who gave their time and talent throughout the week. The faculty and staff certainly felt appreciated with our lovely brunch and gifts on Friday.
- Students who came to mass/Open House in uniform will have free dress on Monday, February 3.
- A new reading for volunteers for the months of February and March will be sent home on Monday.
- We will be celebrating our 100th Day on Wednesday!
- If your child is interested in participating in the Diocesan Young Authors Faire in the spring, please ask for the guidelines.
Here’s a look at what we’ll be working on:
- reading: A Gift I Like and The Very Best Gift
- sight words: said only you out of here
- plural nouns
- long vowels with CVCe pattern (cake, bike, bone, flute…)
- add s to CVCe (cakes, bikes, bones, flutes)
- creating a sign for a safety tip
- 100th Day
- using the number line to add & subtract
- developing number sense in 0-120 range
- place value
- Circle of Grace-Safe Environment
- Mary says ‘yes’ to God
- Could a statue’s shadow move?
Dates to Remember:
- February 3: free dress for those who came to Mass/Open House in uniform
- February 12: noon dismissal for students
- February 13: Art Docent
- February 14: noon dismissal for students
- February 17: President’s Day Holiday
- February 22: Crab Feed
- February 24: February birthday free dress
- February 25: Burning of the Palms
- February 26: Ash Wednesday, 8:30 mass
- February 28: field trip