First Grade Weekly Update
The students will be reciting their poems in the classroom beginning on Tuesday, January 15. Please continue to practice at home.
When we introduced the Zones of Regulation, many students related to being in the blue zone giving the reason they are tired. Please continue to keep up good habits of reading daily and getting a good night’s rest. Remember to RSVP for the Parent Ed night on January 23.
Senora Romero has requested an art shirt/smock to wear, please send one in to keep paint off of the uniform if you did not do so at the start of the school year.
Scholastic Book orders are due Wednesday, January 16.
Pajama day is coming up on Thursday, January 17.
There is no school for students on Friday, January 18 due to a staff development day. Also on Monday, January 21, in celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Here is a look at what we are working on this week:
English Language Arts:
- read Ettabetta is Seven and Toc’s Chicken Pox
- sight words: said only you out of here
- long vowel words with silent e (CVCe) as in cake, tune
- writing: descriptive writing
- writing: checking for capitalization and end marks
- building fluency in adding to 10
- equivalent equations
- story problems
- comparing numbers
- Jesus shares God’s love with everyone
- SLE (Schoolwide Learning Expectation): Respect
- Zones of Regulation: feelings
- moving shadoes
Dates to Remember:
January 14-free dress for January birthdays
January 14-18-recite poems in class
January 18-no school for students
January 21-Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
January 22-Dine and Donate at Oteaz
January 23-Parent Ed night
January 27-9 a.m. Catholic School’s Week Mass and Open House
January 27-February 1-Catholic School’s Week