Third Grade Weekly Update
As we gear up to begin opening SPN, this email will contain information on this week’s schedule as well as reminders for important information that I feel needs to be reiterated.
For this week, please note on our schedule that we have STAR Reading on Tuesday at 9:30am and STAR Math on Thursday at 10:45am. All students are to attend at the same time and these tests will take the place of our ELA groups on Tuesday and Math groups on Thursday. Please prepare for these tests by having your device charged and making sure your child is in a solitary, quiet environment. As a reminder, your child will benefit most if they take this test without the help of adults nearby.
We are celebrating Veteran’s day on Tuesday with an activity that will require a worksheet with stars. I’ve included one and ask that you print it out for our lesson tomorrow afternoon.
Lastly, students were given a social studies “Culminating Project” assignment. Please find the information on Google Classroom, make sure your student begins to work on it and feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.
REMINDERS (PLEASE READ):
- 3rd grade starts on campus Monday, November 30th
- We will have 1 morning cohort. Distance Learners are required to join this cohort virtually, on a daily basis at 7:50 am.
- Uniforms are required for all on-campus AND Distance Learners
- Mandatory Parent Meeting: Wednesday, November 18th at 7:00pm
- Please bring all supplies during the first week of school (a list is attached)
- All borrowed computers will need to be returned (please contact the office with any questions about computers and your needs regarding them).
That’s all for now, take care!
Dates to Remember:
- November 7-20: Virtual Book Fair
- November 9: No School – Veterans Day Observed
- November 11: Veteran’s Day
- November 20: End of 1st Trimester
- November 23-27: Thanksgiving Break
- November 29: First day of Advent
- November 30: 3rd, 4th, 5th grades back to school!
- December 2: Advent Prayer Service
- December 7: Report cards