First Grade Weekly Update
What a wonderful first week of school! The first graders are definitely ready to be in the BIG school. We will continue our abbreviated schedule with noon dismissal through next Friday. Full days will commence on Tuesday, September 3. Students attending Share & Care next week should continue to bring a lunch to school or order Choice Lunch.
Please provide a morning snack with your child with his/her name clearly marked. This should be separate from the lunch box.
I look forward to seeing you all at Back to School Night next Wednesday, August 28. I will be explaining the first grade curriculum, procedures and expectations at that time. I will also have a sign-up sheet for classroom volunteers. There will be two identical sessions in the classroom. The first will begin at 6 p.m. and the second will begin at 6:25 p.m. It is your choice which session you attend. There will be a general information program for all in O’Brien Hall following the second session at 6:50 p.m.
Dates to Remember:
- August 21: First day of school, 8-12 p.m.
- August 23: Ice Cream Social, 6 p.m.
- August 26: July & August birthday free dress
- August 28: Back to School Night
- September 2: Labor Day Holiday
- September 3: full days begin, 8-3:10 p.m.
- September 4: All School Mass, 8:30 a.m., mass uniform (SPN sweater/sweatshirt and no shorts)
- September 6: Picture Day
- September 10: Dine & Donate @ Tomatina
- September 19: free dress with Fun Fair shirt
- September 20: no school for students
- September 21: Fun Fair
- September 23: September birthday free dress