Transitional Kindergarten Weekly Update
Welcome to Transitional Kindergarten!
I am delighted to welcome our new TK students and their families to the SPN community!
Drop-off + Pick-up
- Through August 30th, morning drop-off is in the Kindergarten backyard. Children should calmly wait on the green benches or at the tables with their parents until it is time to line up. Thank you for assisting in keeping this a calm time during these important first days of school!
- Through August 30th, afternoon pick-up is at 12 noon. Please wait outside the wooden gate in front of the building while each child is dismissed individually.
- Children not picked up within 10 minutes of dismissal are sent to Share and Care.
- FOR STUDENTS ATTENDING SHARE AND CARE — When picking up their children from Share and Care, parents should enter through the wooden gate.
- Remember to send a lunch.
- Please be sure that your child is clear about attending Share and Care on a daily basis. This is especially helpful for children who attend sporadically.
- Please send a snack and a water bottle / drink every day.
- Please pack the snack separate from the lunchbox so that teachers know which food is intended for snack.
- If your child will attend Share and Care, please send a lunch.
- The hot lunch program is very popular and is available every full school day (not on noon dismissal days). You may sign up for ChoiceLunch via the school homepage.
August 21st – August 30th: The school day is 8:30 a.m. – 12 noon
September 3rd – Full day schedule begins, 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Morning line up on the main schoolyard begins.
Every Wednesday, starting September 4th, school wide dismissal is at 2:10 p.m.
August 15 – 5 p.m. Parent-Only Information Session in the TK classroom. 5:30 Meet the Teacher activity for parents and TK students.
August 21 – First Day of School!
August 23 – School Ice Cream Social on the main schoolyard at 6 p.m. This is a great time to sign up for volunteer opportunities and get a head start on those parent service hours!
August 26 – If your child had a birthday in July or August, he/she may wear free dress today! Please see the uniform guidelines for details about acceptable free dress clothing.
August 28 – Back to School Night! Please attend either the 6:00 p.m. -or- the 6:20 p.m. session in T.K. A General Session will follow in O’Brien Hall.
August 30 – Please send a spare uniform to be kept in the classroom in case of “accidents” by this date. Please include undergarments and socks.
September 2 – Labor Day Holiday. No school.
September 3 – Morning line up on the main schoolyard begins! The first bell at 7:58 a.m. is the line up bell. The second bell at 8:00 a.m. indicates that school has started. Remember, the full day schedule of 8 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. begins today!
September 4– 2:10 p.m. dismissal
September 6 – School Picture Day! Students need to wear a white polo shirt or blouse with the school sweatshirt or sweater today.
Blessings, Mrs. Hillenbrand
Welcome to a fun way to visit your child’s classroom and encourage a love of reading this year! Each Friday, a surprise guest will come to TK and read their favorite children’s book to the class. The Mystery Reader can be a parent, relative, or any other special person in a student’s life. Students love listening to their favorite stories, especially when their special person is the one reading it!
Please review the available dates below, then send me an email to request one that works best for you. The Mystery Reader will need to:
- Send me 5 clues about themselves no later than the Friday before their visit. I share one with the class each day that week.
- Come with a special, favorite, or meaningful children’s book to read to the class. Please be sure it is age-appropriate and not too long.
- Stay for a short time after reading to answer the students’ questions.
- Be good at keeping the surprise from your child!
The Mystery Reader is scheduled for Fridays at 8:30 a.m. or by special arrangement. Mystery Readers must first go to the office to sign in as a visitor, then come to TK. Please wait outside the TK classroom door at or before 8:30 a.m. Thank you for participating!
|AVAILABLE DATES COMING SOON!|