Third Grade Weekly Update
I want to give a big shout-out to all the parents who attended our “Town Hall” meeting last night! It was the first time for many teachers, and we were happy to see that parents were curious, appreciative, and collaborative throughout the meeting. A question was raised on how to encourage conversation about what students do during the day. One great way that I have found to keep up with what my children are learning is by looking at their teacher’s weekly learning objectives and asking them specific questions. This helps me to jog their memories about what they were taught. Below, you can find the learning objectives for our third-grade students.
Here are some upcoming dates to plan for:
- Tuesday, October 31 – Noon Dismissal, Halloween Parade, 8:15 a.m.
- Wednesday, November 1 – All School Mass: All Saints Day, 9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, November 2 – Mini Maker’s Fair, 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, November 5 – Rite of Enrollment – Family Mass Hosted by Grades 5 & 6, 9:00 a.m.
- Thursday, November 9 – End of First Trimester
- Friday, November 10 – NO SCHOOL: Veterans Day Observed
- Monday, November 12 – Scholastic Book Fair First Day
- Tuesday, November 14 – Free Dress for Nov Birthdays
- Wednesday, November 15 – Noon Dismissal – Professional Development Day
- Thursday, November 16 – Catholic School Principal Appreciation Day
- Friday, November 17 – Report Card Day
- Mon- Friday, November 20-24 Thanksgiving Break – NO SCHOOL
- Thursday, November 30 – School Spirit Day – Pajama Day
**Mass is every Wednesday. Unless it is very warm, students should be in full uniform. Please ensure they are clean with no holes on the knees.
Please read our SPN Weekly Newsletter to keep up with school events and information!
Lastly, we created pop-up haunted houses to accompany our weekly writing. They came out really great! I’ve attached pictures for you to enjoy.
Have a great weekend!