Second Grade Update
Dear Second Grade Families,
I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful holiday weekend!
Below is our weekly update. I look forward to a great week of learning with your children!
What We Are Learning –
- English Language Arts
- Word Work – Reading/encoding pattern words with long a spelled ay, eigh, ange; understanding adverbs
- Reading – introducing our new book club texts; working on monitoring our reading
- Writing – completing writing projects: 1) informational writing about leaders (connected to social studies) and 2) family member poems (rhyming couplets)
- Math – solidifying 3-digit place value; introducing money
- Social Studies – continuing our government unit; connecting to Black History Month
- Science – exploring plants’ adaptations in different environments
- Religion – Circle of Grace
Upcoming Important Dates/Events –
– Wednesday, Feb. 27th – STAR Assessment: Reading
– Friday, Mar. 1st – STAR Assessment: Math
– Monday, Mar. 4th – Field Trip!