Preschool Weekly Update – Week of 12/12
Lord God, may we, your people, who look forward to the birthday of Christ experience the joy of salvation and celebrate that feast with love and thanksgiving. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Hello Preschool Parents,
Wow, we are coming up on our last week before the Christmas break! This week we will be finishing up our classroom projects, enjoying Christmas themed songs and dance and lighting our third Advent candle.
At our all school mass, the preschoolers were reverent and respectful. We had a brief issue with the availability of the annex room and the preschoolers handled it well with patience and flexibility.
Thank you to all who have donated socks and scarves! We know a few more will be coming in on Monday and we thank you!
We would like to give you a few helpful tips on keeping your preschooler balanced during the holiday break
- If possible, keep their routine as close to their preschool schedule.
- Snack 9:30am, lunch 11:30am, quiet time 1:00pm-2:30pm, snack 3:00pm
- Watch one episode of Daniel Tiger each day. This will help the children remember the social/emotional skills they are learning in preschool.
- Keep them on a potty schedule.
- Allow them to work on their life skills. Getting dressed by themselves, cleaning up after eating or play are all good skills to work on.
“Preschool Annual Christmas Lunch” It has been a tradition at our preschool to host a lunch for the children on the last day of school before Christmas break. This year it will be on December 16th. The menu is macaroni & cheese, steamed broccoli florets, melon cubes and a mini cupcake. If your child prefers their own lunch, that is fine. This has always been a very popular event in past years.
Friday, December 16th is an all school noon dismissal. There will be no afternoon preschool care.
Have a safe and restful weekend.
Blessings, Ms. Grace and Ms. Hanen
School hours 8:00am – 6:00pm
Health, Safety and Well Being
- Dec. 11th – Breakfast with Santa
- Dec. 15th – Christmas Concert – 7pm
- Dec. 16th – Annual Preschool Christmas Lunch
- Dec. 16th – Noon Dismissal – No preschool afternoon care
- Dec. 19th-Jan. 2nd – Christmas Break: No School