First Grade Weekly Update
- Thank you for taking the time to meet this week for conferences. Remember I am always happy to meet with you should you have concerns.
- We will be walking to the Alameda Free Library on Wednesday, October 23. Look for information to come home in the green homework folder.
- Remember to please send an oversized shirt for students to wear when painting in art class.
- Please check sweaters/sweatshirts that come home with your child’s name-if it belongs to someone else, please return.
Here’s a look at what we’ll be working on:
- practice short vowel sounds
- reading: An Odd Pet for Oswald, What a Pet!
- sight words: who where what which why
- /th/ spelled ‘th’ (moth)
- /wh/ spelled wh (where)
- how to use question words
- how to answer questions
- emphasize strategies for adding other than counting by one
- > < and = signs
- relating addition and subtraction
- Fr. Robert to visit the classroom
- Our church helps us to know God
- Community Circle
Dates to Remember:
- October 14: Columbus Day Holiday
- October 16: Parent Education-Social Media
- October 18:
- Picture retakes
- STEM Docent
- October 21: October birthday free dress
- October 23: Walking field trip to Alameda Free Library
- October 24: Art Docent
- October 31: Halloween Parade
- November 1: All Saints Day, 8:30 a.m. all school mass