First Grade Weekly Update
- I look forward to meeting with all of you next week for Student/Parent /Teacher Conferences. Students should attend the conference. Progress Reports will be sent home on Monday. Please sign them and bring them to your conference. A copy will then be provided. Thank you.
- Students are invited to bring a rosary to school next week. We will be reciting a decade of the rosary each morning at assembly.
- Scholastic Book Orders are due on Wednesday, October 9.
- We will be walking to the Alameda Free Library on Wednesday, October 23. Look for information to come home in the green homework folder.
- Remember to please send an oversized shirt for students to wear when painting in art class.
- Please check sweaters/sweatshirts that come home with your child’s name-if it belongs to someone else, please return.
Here’s a look at what we’ll be working on:
- practice short vowel sounds
- sight words: who where what which why
- /ch/ spelled ‘ch’ (chick) and ‘tch’ (catch)
- /sh/ shell
- how to use question words
- how to answer questions
- emphasize strategies for adding other than counting by one
- > < and = signs
- adding with 10
- using geometric shapes to create picture
- the Rosary
- Community Circle
Dates to Remember:
- October 8-11: noon dismissal for Parent/Student/Teacher Conferences
- October 14: Columbus Day Holiday
- October 16: Parent Education-Social Media
- October 18:
- Picture retakes
- STEM Docent
- October 21: October birthday free dress
- October 23: Walking field trip to Alameda Free Library
- October 24: Art Docent
- October 31: Halloween Parade
- November 1: All Saints Day, 8:30 a.m. all school mass