First Grade Weekly Update
- Looking forward to seeing all first graders and their families at the 9 a.m. mass to commence Catholic Schools Week followed by Open House. This is a wonderful way for your children to give you a tour of what happens in the classroom as well as an opportunity to take a sneak peak into second grade.
- Students who come to mass/Open House in uniform will have free dress on Monday, February 3.
- Congratulations to Luca, Helen, Amelie, and Victor who will be representing First Grade in the Oratorical Fest on Thursday at 1 p.m. It is one of my favorite events of the school year. Please come join us.
- Students may wear clothes the colors of their culture OR traditional clothing from their culture on Tuesday.
- Wednesday is also a free dress day for Student Appreciation.
- Information will be coming home on Monday regarding the Safe Environment lessons presented the week of February 3.
- If your child is interested in participating in the Diocesan Young Authors Faire in the spring, please ask for the guidelines.
Here’s a look at what we’ll be working on:
- reading: Toc’s Chicken Pox and SUPER DUPER: Signs
- sight words: said only you out of here
- review nouns and verbs
- long vowels with CVCe pattern (cake, bike, bone, flute…)
- informational writing
- Comparing numbers: >, <, =
- place value: tens and ones
- number stories
- Community Circle
- Catholic Schools Week
- maps-where are we?
- celebrating our cultures
Dates to Remember:
- January 26: Catholic School’s Mass, 9 a.m.
- January 26-31: Catholic School’s Week
- January 30: Oratorical Fest, 1 p.m.
- January 31: Minimum day
- February 3: free dress for those who came to Mass/Open House in uniform
- February 5: All school mass, 8:30 a.m.
- February 12: noon dismissal for students
- February 13: Art Docent
- February 14: noon dismissal for students
- February 17: President’s Day Holiday
- February 22: Crab Feed
- February 24: February birthday free dress
- February 25: Burning of the Palms
- February 26: Ash Wednesday, 8:30 mass
- February 28: field trip