First Grade Weekly Update
- The students did an amazing job reciting their poems for the Oratorical Fest! I will let you know who will be reciting them for the school by week’s end.
- If your child is interested in participating in the Diocesan Young Authors Faire in the spring, please ask for the guidelines.
Here’s a look at what we’ll be working on:
- reading: Forgetful Frits, Maple Syrup, Annabel-Isabel and SUPER SMART: Castles
- sight words: said only you out of here
- review nouns and verbs
- long vowels with CV pattern (go, he, me, hi…)
- descriptive writing
- facts and opinions
- Comparing numbers: >, <, =
- place value: tens and ones
- equivalent names for 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (e.g. 3+4 = 1+6)
- Community Circle
- Catholic Schools Week
- What would it be like to live on the moon?
Dates to Remember:
- January 20: Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
- January 23: Art Docent
- January 26: Catholic School’s Mass, 9 a.m.
- January 26-31: Catholic School’s Week
- January 30: Oratorical Fest, 1 p.m.
- January 31: Minimum day