Third Grade Weekly Update
It seems like our weeks are going by faster and faster this year! We’ve had such a great time so far. l feel I need to savor the days with this class so I have the memories to keep me teaching for the years to come. Students took the STAR Math test today and knocked it out of the park! Over 80% of the class scored higher than our first test in August. I am so proud of the hard work and dedication they put into their assignments and homework everyday.
Here are some dates to plan for:
- Thursday, Nov. 10 – End of Trimester 1; Information Night 7pm
- Friday, Nov. 11 – No School, No Share & Care – Veteran’s Day
- Tuesday, Nov. 15 – STAR Reading Test
- Mon-Fri, Nov. 14 – 18 – Scholastic Book Fair
- Tuesday, Nov. 15 – Free dress for November Bdays
- Friday, Nov. 18 – Report Card Day
- Mon-Fri, Nov. 21-25 – Thanksgiving Break
Please be sure to read our SPN Weekly Newsletter to keep up to date with school information and events!
Thank you to Mr. Daniel Escobar (Phoenix’s dad) for coming in this week and reading “Don’t Forget, God Bless Our Troops” by Jill Biden in honor of Veteran’s Day. The kids absolutely loved asking him questions and he was amazing at answering them!
Lastly, here is a message from our Leadership Team:
The Annual Fund is still going on! We are at $17,000 and we still need your help! Our goal is 100% participation. If your class reaches that goal they will receive FREE DRESS! The first class to get to 100% will earn a PIZZA LUNCH and FREE DRESS! Envelopes were mailed out…don’t have one or are interested in donating or matching funds with your employer? Mr. Carter can help.
I hope you have a great 3 day weekend!