Second Grade Update
Dear Second Grade Families,
Last week, we were invited to enjoy the middle school musical, “Unhappily Ever After”. Most of our students had a great time, and this week we are writing notes of appreciation to both Ms. Schuler and the cast. 🙂
Again, please be aware of the upcoming Evacuation Drill on April 5th. All students must be picked up by a parent or person designated on their emergency form. IDs will be required at pickup. More information was provided in my email last week and in the last few SPN newsletters.
Below is our weekly update. I look forward to a great week of learning with your children!
What We Are Learning –
- English Language Arts
- Word Work – identifying and using compound words; -ed and -ing endings; using singular and plural pronouns
- Reading – introducing new book club texts; understanding characters and figurative language; monitoring comprehension
- Writing – finalizing multi-paragraph narrative stories by typing them on laptops and creating illustrations
- Math – developing strategies for 2-digit subtraction with regrouping; using academic vocabulary to discuss the attributes of shapes
- Social Studies – discussing the branches of government; connecting to Women’s History Month
- Science – making and discussing scientific observations about our “grass heads” as they grow
- Religion – learning about parts of the Mass (Liturgy of the Word)
Upcoming Important Dates/Events –
– Friday, Mar. 29th – STEM Docent 🙂
– Friday, Apr. 5th – Evacuation Drill – all students must be picked up (no Share and Care)
– Monday, Apr. 8th – Alameda Library visits 2nd grade to share their Earth Month program!