Second Grade Weekly Update
Dear Second Grade Families,
It’s hard to believe that it is already December! I wish you all a joyful start to the holiday season. This week, we have a few special things going on – STEM Docent on Tuesday, Advent Prayer Service for the school on Wednesday, St. Nick Day on Thursday (students leave their shoes out for a little treat!), and an Hour of Code with our science/technology teacher, Mr. Toner, on Friday.
Please also see the email that Pamela Watters sent (11/27) about Adopt-a-Family. The second grade is supporting Children’s Hospital, and gifts can be sent in with your child through Friday, December 14th. Each grade has a box outside their classroom door, and I am hoping we can fill ours for this wonderful cause.
Below is our weekly update. I look forward to a great week of learning with your children!
What We Are Learning –
- English Language Arts
- Word Work – reading and encoding words with oo/ōō/; oo/ŭŭ/
- Reading – introducing new book club texts; developing strategies to support comprehension
- Writing – exploring narrative characters
- Math – solving story problems using a number line
- Social Studies – exploring our world (emphasis on North America)
- Science – exploring how materials have different properties (cont.); STEM Docent!
- Religion – learning about the Holy Spirit
Upcoming Important Dates/Events –
– Friday, Dec. 14th – Last day for Adopt-a-Family gifts
– Thursday, Dec. 20th – Christmas Concert (attendance required)
– Friday, Dec. 21st – Noon dismissal