Second Grade Update
Dear Second Grade Families,
Thank you for your generosity with our Adopt-a-Family drive! It was touching to see the kids so excited to contribute their items to our second grade box. Thank you again. 🙂
During this last week before Christmas break, I’m sure excitement will be running high! We have some fun activities planned in class, and I’m looking forward to seeing you all at our Christmas concert on Thursday. Please plan to have your children in our classroom no later than 6:30pm.
Below is our weekly update. I look forward to a great week of learning with your children!
What We Are Learning –
- English Language Arts
- Word Work – reviewing key spelling patterns and grammar skills
- Reading – practicing reading strategies to support comprehension
- Writing – finalizing and sharing narrative stories
- Math – creating and solving story problems
- Social Studies – exploring our world (emphasis on North America, cont.)
- Science – thinking about inventions based on the physical properties / uses of different materials
- Religion – focusing on the birth of Jesus and the reason for his coming
Upcoming Important Dates/Events –
– Thursday, Dec. 20th – Christmas Concert (attendance required)
– Friday, Dec. 21st – Noon dismissal (NO SHARE AND CARE)
– Monday, Dec. 24th – Friday, Jan. 4th – BREAK (Return on Monday, Jan. 7th)
Wishing you all a wonderful and blessed holiday!!