Kindergarten Weekly Update
This will be our last website posting for Kindergarten. Next week you can expect just a list of upcoming things to remember.(We hope that this weekly posting has kept you abreast of what we have covered in Kindergarten this year.)
Here are the details for our musical “Friendly Neighborhood Helpers” ( Tuesday, June 4th)
1,You should have received the words for the song your child will be singing as well as any “storyteller “ parts that your child will say. Please practice with your child.
- You should have also received a sheet detailing the props and costume needs. We have most of what is needed for the show. If you want to contact your child’s singing partner to coordinate costumes, please let us know.
- The show will be on Tuesday June 4th at 9:30AM in O’Brien Hall. Please do not come to the hall before 9:15AM as we will need some time to set up for our performance. Doors will open as soon as we are ready!
Here are the details for our trip to Fairyland ( Wednesday, June 5th)
- We will depart at 10:30AM and return by 2:00PM.
- Students must wear uniform shirts and bottoms of their choice.
- We have arranged to have lunch at the Cinderella Party Area so students should bring a lunch. We will eat snack here at school before departing.
- Our drivers and our chaperones should arrive at 10:00AM please. If you have volunteered to drive or chaperone, we will notify you by email next week.
- Further instructions for drivers and chaperones will be given out next week as well.
There is one more event which we would like to call to your attention. On the last day of school, there is a “Moving Up Ceremony” in which the student body gathers in the church. Each teacher is invited to speak to the student body about their respective classes and then the students are asked to “move up” to sit with their new teacher. It’s a lovely and moving tribute for the end of the school year.
The Guesstimation Jar goes to Sienna this week.
Monday, May 27th- Memorial Day Holiday- No School
Tuesday, May 28th-Ribbon Ceremony- 10:45AM Church
Friday, May 31st- Baccalaureate Mass- 10:00AM
Tuesday, June 4th- Musical Production of Friendly Neighborhood Helpers- 9:30AM
Wednesday, June 5th– End of Year Party at Fairyland- Leave at 10:30AM- Students should come to school at regular time!
Friday, June 7th- Last day of School- “Moving Up Ceremony “ 9:15AM
10:30 DISMISSAL-NO SHARE AND CARE.
We thank you all for your support this year and feel fortunate to have been your children’s Kindergarten teachers this year. You may ask what you can do with your children this summer. Spend time with your children; read, play, vacation, visit family and friends and enjoy each other. That is the best you can do with your child. Enjoy and be safe.
Sincerely, Mrs. Foster and Mrs. Halkias