5th Grade Weekly Update
“Never be limited by other people’s limited imaginations.”
—Dr. Mae Jemison, first African-American female astronaut
English Language Arts
For those who have not submitted the Autobiography/ Biography Book Report, reminder, that it is due this Friday, February 8th.
For more detailed information, check our ELA google classroom.
The class code to join the class is: qpy3t1j. Remember to log-in using Clever, that means you need to take your student planner home with you to make sure you have your badge.
- Complete Journeys Reader’s Notebook Packet p. 108.
- If you have not completed the ten most important events in the subject’s life for the book report, keep reading and writing notes. Do not include the day your subject was born, unless his or her circumstance influenced his/her character. You will need these information to complete the Autobiography/ Biography Book Report.
- Write a complex sentences using each target vocabulary.
- Study for “Storm Warriors” Test on Wednesday.
- Study for “Storm Warriors” Test tomorrow.
- Continue gathering notes for the book report, if you have not finished.
- Read for 30 minutes.
- Many students are ready to present the book report tomorrow. For the presentation, they are encouraged to bring a prop and/or a costume (do not need to buy), if available, to bring the character to life. Students come to school in uniform and will be given time to change. Please no weapons, real or toy may be brought to school.
Thursday and Friday:
Read for 30-minutes.
Monday: Research your assigned European Explorer for the “Passport Project.”
Feb. 7th: Catholic Charities Presentation
Feb. 7th: STAR Reading Test
Feb. 9th: Crab Feed