First Grade Weekly Update
Happy New Year!
This is an exciting time of year in first grade. We will be working hard and will see so much growth in the first graders. Please continue to keep up good habits of reading daily and getting a good night’s rest.
Poems for the Oratorical Fest are due on Friday, January 11. A hard copy with your child’s name should be turned in with homework. Remember selected work for first graders should have 6-12 lines. Poems will be recited by memory in class the week of January14.
Here is a look at what we are working on this week:
English Language Arts:
- read When Superkids Pretend and The Foolish Giant
- sight words: said only you out of here
- writing: descriptive writing
- writing: checking for capitalization and end marks
- building fluency in adding to 10
- story problems
- comparing numbers
- The Holy Family
- Zones of Regulation: feelings
- What is the moon made of?
Dates to Remember:
January 7-Back to School
January 11-Oratorical poems due in class
January 14-free dress for January birthdays
January 18-no school for students
January 21-Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
January 22-Dine and Donate at Oteaz
January 27-9 a.m. Catholic School’s Week Mass and Open House
January 27-February 1-Catholic School’s Week
January 7-Return to school