First Grade Weekly Update
Welcome to the new school year! I am looking forward to meeting all the first graders on Tuesday, August 25. We will meet on Zoom at 8:45 a.m and then in person on the school yard following the schedule below. First Grade students will enter the Main Yard on Jackson St.
The book/supply pick up time will provide an opportunity for teachers and students to briefly meet and discuss the contents of their school supply bin.
- Parents please do not enter the yard and observe all social distancing precautions should you exit your vehicle.
- Students will meet their teacher at the designated area.
- Students will collect a bin from their teacher that contains all of the items they would normally use in the classroom.
- First graders may find the bin a bit heavy to carry on their own, so when their meeting is over parents may greet them at the gate. Please do not enter the playground.
- Masks must be worn by all parents and students.
- Socializing on the sidewalk during this time is not recommended.
- 10:00-10:15a.m. – Francisco, Bridget, Ulysses, Augustine, Phoenix
- 10:20-10:35a.m. -Oliver F., Joseph, Landon G., Riley, Liam H.
- 10:40-10:55a.m. -Ashley, Mazzee, Ella, Abigail, Kara
- 11:00-11:15a.m. – Eliana, Brixton, Mia, Mariela, Hudson
- 11:20-11:35a.m. – Hannah, Yona, Kiera, Oliver S., Isabella
- 11:40-11:55a.m. -Miles, Juan Carls, Landon V., Liam W., Joshua
A schedule for the first two weeks of school will be e-mailed prior to the first day of school. We will spend this time getting to know one another, building community and students will become familiar with the procedures of doing classwork remotely.
Dates to Remember:
- August 25: First day of school, 8:45 Zoom and Material Pick-up 10-11:55 a.m. (see schedule sent from school office)
- August 28: Virtual Ice Cream Social, 6 p.m.
- August 31: Back to School Virtual Information Night with Mrs. Murray, 7 p.m.
- August 28: First Grade Virtual Back to School Night, 7 p.m.
- September 2: All School Virtual Mass, 8:30 a.m.
- September 4: Minimum day
- September 7: Labor Day Holiday
- September 20: Catechetical Sunday Virtual Mass, 9 a.m.
- September 25: No School, Elementary Staff Day