5th Grade Weekly Update
“Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” ~ Harriet Tubman
English Language Arts
During the next two weeks, the class will be laying down the groundwork for Literature Circles (Lit. Circles) in English Language Arts. For practice, students will be reading Hound Dog True by Linda Urban. They are expected to complete a Lit. Circle Graphic Organizer at home, as assigned. The Lit. Circles Rules and Roles Handout was discussed in class and is uploaded in google classroom for your convenience.
To access, simply log-in using your Clever Badge; Google Classroom Class Code is: qpy3t1j.
- Read Hound Dog True, chapters 2-3.
- Complete Lit. Circle “Discussion Director” Graphic Organizer
- Read Hound Dog True, chapters 4-6
- Complete Lit. Circle “Vocabulary” Graphic Organizer
- Read Hound Dog True, chapters 7-9
- Complete Lit. Circle “Passage Master” Graphic Organizer
- Study for comprehension quiz on Friday.
- Read Hound Dog True, chapters 10-12.
- Complete Lit. Circle “Connector” Graphic Organizer
- Study for comprehension quiz tomorrow.
- Read Hound Dog True, chapters 13-15
- Complete Lit. Circle “Summarizer” Graphic Organizer
Study for Lesson 5 test on Wednesday.
Study for Lesson 5 test tomorrow, Wednesday, Feb. 27th.
Feb. 26th: Mindfulness
Feb. 27th: STAR Reading Test
March 5th: Prayer Service/ Burning of Palms
March 6th: All School Mass/ Ash Wednesday
March 8th: Young Authors Faire Books Due
~End of 2nd Trimester
~ Sports Picture Day
March 14th: Report Cards go home
March 15th: NO SCHOOL /Diocesan Staff Day